Monday, July 4, 2016

The Mind's Eye

My Thoughts


Aspiration

I had a thought the day I took this shot. It was something like this: Even if we could instantly create what we see in our minds eye, it would still not be as beautiful as what we create with our hands.

Allow me to explain my reasoning. Before setting our upon the adventure to create something, our mind has conceived the idea of what it thinks it should be like. So we try to create that. But along the way, we discover beautiful setbacks and enlighting challenges. By the end, we come up with something that may be completely different from what was originally envisioned. Therein lies the beauty of it; we learn more when we must toil to create what our minds see.

I will admit, it would still be nice to create what we see in our minds on the first try. But for now, I have learned to appreciate the adventure, because I learn so much more because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment